Weekends can equal girls’ night, guys’ night or date night.
And more often than not, we realized that it’s a surefire way to completely sabotage our diet, but it doesn’t have to be.
I want to make sure you are armed with the right information on how to eat healthier at restaurants or parties to maintain your diet or even lose weight!
Here are some reminders you can use to go out and enjoy your favorite foods without sabotaging your weight loss.
- Look at menus online before you go to find out what’s available; think about what you might order and see which meals you can order customized to fit your diet.
- Stay away from appetizers described as crispy, creamy, or rich — those are all red flags.
- Don’t forget about liquid calories (they add up quickly!)
- Beware of sneaky calories on salads & veggies
- Opt for light entrees & take note of portion sizes, even take half of your entrée to go if it’s too big of a portion. (Boom lunch tomorrow)
- Don’t let your sweet tooth be your downfall!
- Focus on quality over quantity – seek quality food experience rather than large portions.