I want you guys to feel strong going into the holiday season. I have opened up some spots in my calendar Friday and Saturday to help you make sure you have a fitness and diet plan to survive and thrive now that the holidays are almost here.
Holidays are meant to be fun, but with the right plan you don’t have to let the parties and dinners take you down.
Write back and let me know if I can help you with a holiday survival plan.
Here are some of my tips on how you can keep your fitness plan on track during a hectic holiday season.
1. Keep moving
- Avoid sitting for prolonged periods of time like when watching games or when eating.
2. Have a plan
- Start each day with a game plan, just like a great coach going into a big game. Track your food intake and activity level.
- Drink water as much as you can! Your brain can sometimes confuse thirst with hunger.
4. Make lists, exercise early and sleep
- To alleviate the potential negative side effects of the season, try working out in the morning so won’t get distracted later in the day by any holiday plans. Also, get plenty of rest and maintain an organized list so you won’t be stressing about what to do first.
5. Expect the unexpected
- Always have an emergency bag of healthy food that requires no refrigeration and can be readily eaten as is.
6. Plan ahead
- Remember there is always time and opportunity for a workout. Plan your workouts for the week and write them in your schedule like a boss, make sure they are a part of your day.
7. Indulge for a night, not a season
- When the party is over, it is time to dump the junk!
8. Remember it’s a single day
- ‘Enjoy the holiday, but don’t let it go from a day of indulgence to a month of indulgence that leads to unwanted habits that continue beyond the holiday season.’
Before I forget, Happy Flex Friday everyone! Here’s our watch list for today! Make sure you check out and complete the workout video.
Flex Friday – Arm Workout You Need to Try
Get this done not only on Fridays, you can do this routine repetitively any days of the week.
I want to see you flexing those arms in weeks’ time! Tag me on IG @lisagfit
Cauliflower Tater Tots
Need a quick snack for game day or a fast snack for the kids? Try these Easy Cauliflower Tater Tots!
All you need is five ingredients, a blender and maybe a dipping sauce or two.